Friday, September 17, 2010

Okay calm down. Leann Rimes is not the end of humanity



I've been reading a lot about Leann Rimes lately. She cheated very publicly on her husband of almost 10 years with a guy who was also married to someone else for nearly 10 years.

oh boy..

She denied in media outlets even when they were caught kissing and canoodling and so forth. Okay this is not the first time this has happened.

Now they have both divorced their spouses to start a new "honest" relationship. And all hell is breaking loose. People are calling this chick a slut, whore, bitch etc and its all a little over blown don't you think?

I keep reading this quote and I can understand what she did:

"This past year, for the first time ever, I put me first. I'm sure some people are thinking that I was totally selfish, but the truth is, there are times in your life when you have to be selfish in order to find out what truly makes you happy."

There is a difference between a Tiger Woods and a Leann Rimes. A Tiger Woods cheats because he gets away with it and enjoys that feeling. He cheats because he IS married. He has a spare at home when he's done with these bitches. Leann Rimes cheats because she's unhappily married and realized it too late. Leann Rimes cheats because she may have met who she was supposed to be with. Women after all are a little bit more in tune with themselves and their emotions. It may just be that she was blinded by a different, unsustainable love to her previous hubby and the veil lifted slowly but surely.

I actually commend Leann Rimes for getting out of a partnership she was no longer happy with. While her ex claims they were happy, we all know someone who is so wrapped up in their own view of how a relationship is going, and doesn't see the other person is miserable.


I'm gonna guess that's what happened here.

Did she need to cheat? no. But sometimes it can be an unavoidable end to a relationship. If true love blossoms out of it, is it still wrong?



PS in Angelina and Brads case yes. I know they are kind of the same thing but I say Death To Brangelina. Team Aniston on that one.

Such a double standard right? eh

-D

1 comment:

E said...

I don't know all that much about her, but I do remember thinking her husband was gay when I heard she was getting married way back when.