Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shutter Island is the muthafuckin shit


Even days later, I'm still saying it. This movie had the right mixture of noir and yummy scorseseness! The special effects echo Cape Fear (another Martin S favorite of mine) and the plot itself pays homage to the likes of Hitchcock and at times even David Lynch!

Leo DiCaprio again rocks my socks as one of the best actors of my life time, and has a Jack Nicholson essence to him that I've never seen before. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic and hot the whole time, pretty awesome for a guy who had partial face paralysis 8 years ago. Every time I'm just like "can you tell?!?!". Nope. Can't. Still hot as fuuuuck.


Only downside to the film: Michelle Williams. Dawson's Curse strikes again as she just about begs to be knocked out by someone in the audience during all of her scenes.


But besides that the film scores at least an 8 in the Dahlia book. Defo a go see in the theaters yaall!!

-D

No comments: