Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mandy Moore FYI


I have never liked this girl (it didnt help she came out on the heels of Britney). I mean shes really nice but for like the first 5 years of her career she would lip sync WAY too hard. I sometimes wondered if her mouth actually did move that much when she was speaking regularly...

Anyway she's since grown up a lot from the "Candy" days and has a new single called "I could break your heart any day of the week".
Mandy Moore - I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week (Official Music Video) - The most popular videos are a click away

Now this could have been the titled to a very awesome song...but its not. The music video isn't even good because she stands against a wall the entire 4 or so minutes of the tedious song (ps how cute are those now almost 10 year old Vdubs and that gigantic fucking cd player clipped to her wrap around neon skirt??).

But the rest of the album is exactly how I thought it'd be once I found out she marry Ryan Adams. Quirky with a lot of blue grass/folk fusion! She has the sound that Kelly Clarkson should have tried about 2 albums ago. This semi indie style is perfect for former pop stars ready to deepen their sound.


And at least its all her and not pitch perfected like everyone else. I will respect her just for that. and the fact that she is EXTREMELY photogenic and classy!

No comments:

Blog Archive