Sunday, May 24, 2009

Scrubs on for 9th season...does anyone care?


I used to L.O.V.E scrubs...but that was about 5 years ago when the show was at its peak. I know for a fact I stopped watching as soon as Zach Braff started blogging about his disinterest in the project..which is right when everyone and their mom started having babies on the show. While its obvs they were following the baby trend that began in real life...only one tv baby ever 4 or so seasons, please!!

Apparently this new season will have Braff departing after 6 episodes. This seems like a total Topher* to me. ( *New Dahlia lingo alert! a Topher is when a cast member who's perfected a role, leaves because they think their career is going to bigger and better things. Named after the fantastic Topher Grace of That 70's Show)

I havent seen an episode in full since around when Carla and Turk had their baby and Carla battled with PPD. A powerful performance indeed, but not enough to keep me interested. Their switch from NBC to ABC didn't make it any easier for me to regain that interest since ABC shows tend to be lackluster.

Hopefully they wont try to replace J.D and will simply flesh out the remaining characters.

-D

No comments:

Blog Archive