Monday, May 4, 2009
Employees Fired for Myspace Venting
2 Houston's employees in New Jersey were fired from their jobs after managers stumbled upon their private, password only discussion forum on Myspace. The employees are now suing the restaurant.
GOOD. There is no reason why they should be fired, FIRED for talking shit. They made it private. They gave it a password only option. Employers should never be allowed to fire someone (especially in this harsh financial climate) simply for venting about work. Whats next? water cooler talk being monitored with cameras? Cell phone taps to make sure no one talks about their dickwad bosses?
I was aware that employers could do this. But it still doesn't make it right. I think legislation needs to work their butts off to make sure that our 1st amendment rights carry over 100% into cyberspace.
If the KKK can have discussion forum...why can't Houston's employees bitch about their horrible bosses?
**I must say though that Houston's response to the lawsuit is interesting. If these employees were indeed sharing confidential information, that is grounds for termination since it says you can't do that on every contract I've ever signed for employment. But still.....myspace?
- ► 2010 (34)
- No more pussy?
- I'm not super in to Nicole or Lionel
- They are wings..no two ways about it! This cat is
- New Moon!
- No more Wall of Sound! Just Walls!
- Prop 8
- 29 year old man fathers 21 kids
- Demi! my goodness close that thing!
- Scrubs on for 9th season...does anyone care?
- If lil wayne and Kanye had a baby boy
- This looks fun!
- Late Dude of the Week buuuuuuuddy
- Riding on the coat tails of HOUSE!
- The plot thickens!
- Has Amanda Bynes done anything to warrent attentio...
- ImaMan calls Michelle Obama "intersting looking"
- I commend Shanna
- WTF happened?!?!
- Group Hug dropped today! did you buy it?!
- LaLa Vasquez and Trina escorted from b-ball game
- When will there be a new Jamie Foxx song??
- Kate and Pete say it aint so!
- Can Megan Fox shut the fuck up already
- The first black princess
- I bet you anything Chris found these!
- Remeber BJ Cassie? NSFW* Titties below!
- Farrah Fawcett
- Early Dude of the Week!
- That is not a place for children, Julia
- People have been calling her a Tranny for a while....
- Poor Cat
- The all look like idiots
- Coffee for Kids
- Employees Fired for Myspace Venting
- I actually dont even know who this is
- This has got me a little peeved
- Dude of the Week
- ▼ May (38)