Saturday, April 18, 2009

ok stevie calm down



I love me some Stevie Nicks...but seriously?

"I believe that computers have taken over the world. I believe that they have in many ways ruined our children. I believe that kids used to love to go out and play. I believe that social graces are gone because manners are gone because all people do is sit around and text. I think it's obnoxious."

- Stevie Nicks tells the Associated Press



heres my two sense. Outside is still there. Do not blame inanimate objects for poor parenting! Just how Oprah recently had a show dedicated to showing how dangerous cell phones and chat rooms are.


1) the only people left who frequent chat rooms are dumb teens out in the sticks who probably have dial up anyway.

2) last I heard it was poor parenting to give young children unlimited access to laptops and cellphones.


3) texting is not bad. I do it constantly. But again this brings us back to parents...I was raised right and I know how to be social and PUT MY PHONE DOWN. I'm a conversationalist and I have met very few people that can't be that way because of technological advances.


Stevie, you were once what parents probably called the end of society with your flowing gypsy dresses, outrageous photographs and lets not forget the music....don't misplace your anger towards pieces of plastic. Outside is still outside...you're just old and probably a little upset about it. Love ya boo...

-D

No comments:

Blog Archive