Monday, March 9, 2009

I like where some pop music is going



I haven't listened to the radio in a while. I kind of started to hate it because everything was about tits and ass and bouncing that thang and bla bla bla. But the past few months have delivered some pretty interesting songs.

I noticed though that one song in particular reminded me of 60's 70's R&B set to rap backings. it was so interesting. The epiphany occurred while listening to Soulja boys "Kiss me through the phone". usually I listen to the first part of the song cause I like the little "zing" sound that happens, and then I change it because he says "shawty" alot. But this time tonight I listening to the lyrics and was pleasantly suprised to find I loved the idea behind it. A guy saying just how much he loves his main squeeze!

example:

"Kiss me through the phone"

Baby, I been thinking lately
So much about you
Everything about you, I like it, I love it
Kissing you in public
Thinking nothing of it
Roses by the dozen
Talking on the phone
Baby you so sexy your voice is so lovely
I love your complexion
I miss ya, I miss ya, I miss ya
I really wanna kiss you but I can’t

(678) 999-8212

Baby you know that I miss you
I wanna get with you tonight but I cannot baby girl
And that’s the issue
Girl you know I miss you
I just wanna kiss you
But I can’t right now so baby kiss me thru the phone
(kiss me thru the phone)
See you later on (later on)
Kiss me thru the phone
(kiss me thru the phone)
See you when I get home (I get home)


one of my favs

"I only have eyes for you"


My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see anyone but you.

Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I Only Have Eyes For You, Dear.

The moon maybe high
but I can't see a thing in the sky,
'Cause I Only Have Eyes For You.

I don't know if we're in a garden,
or on a crowded avenue.

You are here
So am I
Maybe millions of people go by,
but they all disappear from view.
And I Only Have Eyes For You.


Just gorgeous poetry and such. If music gets clean and lovey again radio may be fun! don't get me wrong, I love nasty nasty music but I want to share pop with my sister without them talking about pussy. its awkward.




The video is of course totally MTV manufactured thuggish, but just listen to the song and bring up a new tab lol

-DD

2 comments:

Ben said...

"I Only Have Eyes For You" is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. The production is so clean and futuristic, with the reverb on the guitar, the plinking, minimalistic piano, those harmonies and that dead cool "doo bop sha bop." And the lyrics are just drop dead, achingly romantic. So far ahead of its time, and all other doo-wop. Gorgeous! I will now check out :Kiss Me Through the Phone," 'cos if you've compared it to The Flamingos, damn!

Ben said...

LOL, ok, it's not quite the same -- but the sentiments are refreshing at least. Anything that gets a bit more romance out there is a good thang.

Blog Archive