Monday, March 2, 2009
Eh, college is alright
I'm sure that all the top 40 listeners have heard the "I love college" song. I never listened to it fully but after doing so I must say:...that isn't college!
I know of guys who have a college experience like this song but to be frank, they're all douche bags. I mean Summers Eve-ing it big time. Guys who go to parties, TRY to pick up the "hot" girls, are obnoxiously loud and "child like" and are usually the same guys who kinda look like this
Ew right? see this douche probably doesnt even know this girl. yeah thats why I don't go to college parties. Anyhoo the song has some basic and banal lyrics such as
that party last night was awfully crazy
i wish we taped it
i danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked
drink my beer and smoke my weed
with my good friends is all i need
pass out at 3 wake up at 10
go out to eat then do it again
Okay. I've had crazy nights like this. As a girl we usually dance our asses off. Very rarely will you see a straight man exclaim about how he danced his ass off (and for that matter, how they woke up at 10am). You will however hear lots of straight men talk about how they passed out at a pussy hour like 3am.
On my quest to find this song I did find a remix with Jim Jones which gives more of a realistic take on college for most people who don't have copious amounts of money in which to pay for a University education.
Also the Weezer sample is kind of stupid too. Maybe I just have a problem with well off white guys who think they can rap like Mickey Avalon or Dirt Nasty. Oh well.
- ► 2010 (34)
- Andy Hallet: Honorary Dude of the Week
- Because there is nothing of importance to write ab...
- Billy Mays wants you to watch his show!
- Hey this guy is funny!
- Thank the lord
- Radio always makes me mad
- I didn't know I was pregnant
- I'm not giving him any money but
- im sick so im taking these straight from the sourc...
- Will Smiths son in Mcdonalds ad
- Dude of the Week
- Hey havent seen you in a while Russ!
- oh you sons a bitches
- Dear Arizona *personal rant. may offend just about...
- Girl you know it's true..
- Octopussy's radio interview
- Thank You Bobby!
- Of course she's at it again
- Blender shuts down
- UH OH!! Poor Alfie!
- Hey, why not?
- Starting now!
- Kid Cudi: Dude of the Week by default
- hmmm why is she getting applause for being rude?
- Say it aint so Sonny!
- I hope everyone has seen this already
- Dude of the week: Throw back edition!
- Slow news day
- Natasha has passed.
- ALERT TO ALL MY FAVORITE ACTORS
- You know I was just joking about this
- My deepest sympathies to the Richardson/Redgrave/N...
- The world is full of crooks
- Um didn't I say this weeks ago??
- Ya heard???
- Mall Cop meets The Office with a sprinkle of Waiti...
- Ok I can finally say what I've wanted to
- Hey Hollywood get a CLUE
- Chris Cornell...where ya been?
- From the People
- An early Dude of the Week
- Katie got a weave, and everyone is going insane
- Lily Allen flips for good reason
- Hmm a little lack luster Brit Brit
- Took long enough
- This is just too much
- Real life worth mentioning
- Who else misses old Kenya?
- I like where some pop music is going
- I guess its a "where are they now" day
- Does this make anyone else feel old?
- a bit of real life for ya
- oh how horrible for Jen-An
- Ike/Bobby Charged with two felonies.
- When does she ever sing live?
- The Jimmy's
- Sorry this is going to continue till April!
- Oh Judy dear
- The Circus is coming!
- Eh, college is alright
- Ashton, you crazy bitch
- ▼ March (65)