Monday, March 2, 2009

Eh, college is alright




I'm sure that all the top 40 listeners have heard the "I love college" song. I never listened to it fully but after doing so I must say:...that isn't college!

I know of guys who have a college experience like this song but to be frank, they're all douche bags. I mean Summers Eve-ing it big time. Guys who go to parties, TRY to pick up the "hot" girls, are obnoxiously loud and "child like" and are usually the same guys who kinda look like this



Ew right? see this douche probably doesnt even know this girl. yeah thats why I don't go to college parties. Anyhoo the song has some basic and banal lyrics such as


that party last night was awfully crazy
i wish we taped it
i danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked
drink my beer and smoke my weed
with my good friends is all i need
pass out at 3 wake up at 10
go out to eat then do it again



Okay. I've had crazy nights like this. As a girl we usually dance our asses off. Very rarely will you see a straight man exclaim about how he danced his ass off (and for that matter, how they woke up at 10am). You will however hear lots of straight men talk about how they passed out at a pussy hour like 3am.

On my quest to find this song I did find a remix with Jim Jones which gives more of a realistic take on college for most people who don't have copious amounts of money in which to pay for a University education.

Also the Weezer sample is kind of stupid too. Maybe I just have a problem with well off white guys who think they can rap like Mickey Avalon or Dirt Nasty. Oh well.




-DD

No comments:

Blog Archive