Friday, March 13, 2009
Chris Cornell...where ya been?
I remember sneaking my moms copy of Euphoria Morning by Chris Cornell and just listening to the beautiful voice in each song.
Then AudioSlave happened and I lost all faith. I mean how many times can we listen to him squeal "in your house i long to be" ??
Anyway thanks to Ben for updating me on what our lovely Chris is up to. Long Gone (hehe) are the drugs and drinking that effect his artistic abilities, and here we have a very new crisp and modern and TIMBALANDIZED Chris Cornell! The album isn't as "personal" as his past ones, which is something that happens when you add synths and sound clips etc. It becomes manufactured. Luckily for Chris its in a good way.
I of course enjoyed "Take Me Alive" and "Scream", the latter of which should be a radio release because its perfect for adult top 40 stations who still love "Apologize"!! right?! This is the market Madonna was trying to tap into with "4 minutes"...and it failed horribly for her so she went and found Jesus....
what do you think of Chris' Album? Heard an album you recommend? Leave it below!
- ► 2010 (34)
- Andy Hallet: Honorary Dude of the Week
- Because there is nothing of importance to write ab...
- Billy Mays wants you to watch his show!
- Hey this guy is funny!
- Thank the lord
- Radio always makes me mad
- I didn't know I was pregnant
- I'm not giving him any money but
- im sick so im taking these straight from the sourc...
- Will Smiths son in Mcdonalds ad
- Dude of the Week
- Hey havent seen you in a while Russ!
- oh you sons a bitches
- Dear Arizona *personal rant. may offend just about...
- Girl you know it's true..
- Octopussy's radio interview
- Thank You Bobby!
- Of course she's at it again
- Blender shuts down
- UH OH!! Poor Alfie!
- Hey, why not?
- Starting now!
- Kid Cudi: Dude of the Week by default
- hmmm why is she getting applause for being rude?
- Say it aint so Sonny!
- I hope everyone has seen this already
- Dude of the week: Throw back edition!
- Slow news day
- Natasha has passed.
- ALERT TO ALL MY FAVORITE ACTORS
- You know I was just joking about this
- My deepest sympathies to the Richardson/Redgrave/N...
- The world is full of crooks
- Um didn't I say this weeks ago??
- Ya heard???
- Mall Cop meets The Office with a sprinkle of Waiti...
- Ok I can finally say what I've wanted to
- Hey Hollywood get a CLUE
- Chris Cornell...where ya been?
- From the People
- An early Dude of the Week
- Katie got a weave, and everyone is going insane
- Lily Allen flips for good reason
- Hmm a little lack luster Brit Brit
- Took long enough
- This is just too much
- Real life worth mentioning
- Who else misses old Kenya?
- I like where some pop music is going
- I guess its a "where are they now" day
- Does this make anyone else feel old?
- a bit of real life for ya
- oh how horrible for Jen-An
- Ike/Bobby Charged with two felonies.
- When does she ever sing live?
- The Jimmy's
- Sorry this is going to continue till April!
- Oh Judy dear
- The Circus is coming!
- Eh, college is alright
- Ashton, you crazy bitch
- ▼ March (65)