Friday, February 20, 2009
Rhianna picture making waves
The picture posted earlier of Rhianna's beaten face has been making waves (understandably) in the internet world. Many are saying that it was out of line for a picture so "gruesome" to be displayed in such a way.
But pictures of Amy Wino tumbling down the street in a drugged stupor is just fine? Pictures of Britney Spears who clearly suffers from mental illness, being rolled on a gurney into an ambulance after a tense stand off with her children locked in a bathroom is ok?
When did people who clamor for the latest gossip suddenly get moral? These are the same people posting depressing photos of celebrities dying of cancer! But its ok because we've been desensitized to cancer. Cancer is all around us, so no big whoop.
I posted that picture because the world needs to see MORE abused spouses. They need to know how not ok it is to abuse a significant other (or anyone) no matter the gender.
I also posted that picture to show young women that THAT is the end result to stupidity. A woman with any self respect would never stay with a spouse that abuses them like that or in any other way. This is not 1940 when it was acceptable to "smack her around a little bit". This is two thousand and muthafuckin nine for crying out loud. And women are STILL putting up with this?
I am embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for Rhianna. I'm embarrassed that a woman who's main selling point is that she is a "strong" and "independent" artist, has been stripped bare and this is what she truly is. It's the one time she should have believed her own hype.
Chris Brown should get persecuted not for beating a woman, but a human being. Of course no court is going to ignore the fact that she is a "small, innocent lady". And even if this does go to court, what outcome is acceptable to the general public? He can't go to prison for beating someone up. He can only be put on probation, maybe a fine, maybe anger management. All the while people are gonna watch his every move then slowly forget about him. His career is over, there is no doubt about that. Hollywood is unforgiving.
I just want to know what everyone wants out of this? what punishment is justified in this instance? not much.
PS to see just how gender bias physical abuse information is...google image it. You'll see a whole hell of a lot of women with black eyes....Lets remember that men are abused too ok?
- ► 2010 (34)
- Dude of the week: Throw back edition!
- Thank god its not in 3D
- IKE AND TINA ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!
- For such a nice day
- Those were the days...
- Megan Fox: Just not that interesting
- JRM no! don't let it rule your life!
- Rhianna Pregs?
- MADONNA'S A VAMPIRE
- A Blog for Grandma
- Dude of the week
- I Can't Wait For The Weekend To Begin
- Show of Hands!!
- Why does britney not watch youtube?
- Rhianna picture making waves
- Well Chris Brown is Fucked
- Suri says STFU to other children
- A What?
- Cover Girl
- Dating is Dead
- Are you going to the Circus?
- Hmm, maybe the dresses were ugly?
- Uncle Phil has failed you
- Lily Allen to Perez Hilton: "You are obsessed"
- Octo-Pussy: A reality tv show would exploit my kid...
- Quick note on comments
- Chantelle says Alfie is her main squeeze.
- The pussy from which Octo-Pussy burst through, spe...
- Peachy Keen! NSFW
- I wonder if Miley watches "Don't Forget the Lyrics...
- Remember this kid?
- Worth Mentioning: Dollhouse
- Dude of the Week
- Well at least it wasn't in the US
- Hey Perez...um wtf?
- Oh Jesus
- Angelina to Nadya: she's "creepy"...
- Quick note on Ike and Tina 2.0
- OctoPussy: This is long and long overdue
- Hit me again Ike, and put some STANK ON IT!
- WHORE ABLE
- ▼ February (41)